Thursday, October 30, 2014

1030

----------------------------------------------------------------
Today's Fable
----------------------------------------------------------------

The Moral Sentiment


  A PUGILIST met the Moral Sentiment of the Community, who was
carrying a hat-box.  "What have you in the hat-box, my friend?"
inquired the Pugilist.

  "A new frown," was the answer.  "I am bringing it from the frownery
- the one over there with the gilded steeple."

  "And what are you going to do with the nice new frown?" the
Pugilist asked.

  "Put down pugilism - if I have to wear it night and day," said the
Moral Sentiment of the Community, sternly.

  "That's right," said the Pugilist, "that is right, my good friend;
if pugilism had been put down yesterday, I wouldn't have this kind
of Nose to-day.  I had a rattling hot fight last evening with - "

  "Is that so?" cried the Moral Sentiment of the Community, with
sudden animation.  "Which licked?  Sit down here on the hat-box and
tell me all about it!"